Canon just announced a new zoom lens for their full frame mirrorless system - RF 24-240 F/4-6.3 IS USM. This will be a nice all-round lens.Add a comment
Price is expected to be around $899Add a comment
Will the Canon G7x III be the ideal Vlogging camera
New to the Canon G7X III
- Pop Up EVF - electronic viewfinder - similar to that of the Sony RX100 models
- 4k VIdeo 30
- 30 Frames Per Second continues shooting RAW - we do not know if that is with AFC or just AFS
- Slow motion video in HD 120 Frames Per Second - we do not know if that is with AFC or just AFS as well as if there is audio
- Mic in port for audio recording
- WI-FI and Bluetooth
- DIGIC 8 processor and a Stacked 1 inch CMOS sensor
What sets the G7X III apart from the Sony RX100 m5/6 and the Lumix LX10 / 100/200 is that the Canon G7X III has a Mic in port which will allow VLoggers particularly to be able to use external mic's ( wired and wireless ) - along with a Flip Up Over, LCD where the Vloggers can see themselves to make sure they are in the video - along with a 24-120 mm F1.8-2.8 wide lens.
We still do not know if there will be a Crop in 4k mode - most likely it will have some crop but we will find out how big - we do not expect a Crop in HD mode.
The big questions are - will it have PDAF - Phase Detect Auto Focus - Will it have Face/Eye Auto Focus and if so how good is it - something important for Vloggers.
Price not know as of yet but we expect it to be under $749 USA - possibly $890 to compete with he Sony RX100 VA and the next RX100 model
Note the Sony RX100 V is now Discontinued - so we expect to see a new Sony RX100 VII soon - the Sony RX100 VA is listed for $998
Our guess is that the G7X III has a Sony sensor - possibly the RX100 V sensor as Sony most likely will have a new sensor for its new RX100 model we expect to see this summer. If so then that is good news as it has Phase Detect sensor on the sensor and does quite well in tracking.
We do not expect to expect the new Sony RX100 model to have a significantly better sensor like in low light performance - our guess it will inherit the new tech from the Sony A6400 - with Object tracking and faster read-out.
Most Vloggers will not need the object tracking so might opt to get the Canon G7X III as it will have a Mic in port which we do not expect to see in the new Sony RX100 model
Add a comment
Rumor has it that a new Canon G5X II is on the way. No specs have leaked yet. We can expect a new 1 inch BSI sensor. We do not expect to see a bump in Mega Pixels rather improvements in low light performance and better tracking focus to compete with the Sony RX100 V/VI cameras.
Many will like to see a Mic In jack for vlogging as the G5X II will have a fully articulated LCD display and is relatively small and light. But so far the manufacturers have either left out a Mic In jack or crippled the video tracking focus so Vloggers are still looking for their ideal Vlogging camera.
It is quite ironic that the manufacturers have still not made the ideal Vlogging camera - although of course there is relatively a small number of VLoggers.
If Canon included a decent tracking focus - Dual Pixel Focus and a Mic in then we think that the GX5 II would sell quite well. Time will tell. We will keep you postedAdd a comment
More Articles ...
- Canon EOS-M50 announced
- Canon EOS-M50 coming soon - image
- Canon EOS-M50 to be announced soon - already been registered
- Canon 7D Mark III coming late 2018
- Canon to release a new EF-135mm F2 L USM lens at CP+ 2018
- Canon 90D to be announced early 2018
- Canon M50 - EOS Kiss M expected early 2018
- New Canon PowerShot Cameras Coming for CES 2018 in January
- New Canon G3X Mark II on the way early next year - Announcement at CES in January 2018
- Canon just announced the G1X m3
- Canon G1X m3 images and specs - leaked
- Canon to announce G1X m3 in October 2017