On the whole it’s an extremely positive experience and any complaints I have are minor and almost seem churlish: the...
Add a comment
For specs click Continue ReadingAdd a comment
current GF9 -
Below are some rumored specs
- 16M Live MOS sensor
- High Speed AF of 0.07 seconds is realized with Space Recognition AF
- 180 degrees tilt-able LCD approximately 1.04 million dots - touch panel monitor
- 4K / 30p video
- Newly equipped “Wide Angle 4K Selfie” that allows you to take pictures of yourself by taking full advantage of lens angle of view
- Night scenery which will reduce blurring at slow shutter speeds
- “Skin beauty effect” “People mode”
- Size: 106.5 mm x 64.6 mm x 33.3 mm
- Weight: Approximately 240 g (body only), approx 270 g (including battery and memory card)
- three colors will be available - Black · White · Orange
Panasonic has led in Contrast based Auto Focus when it comes to speed and low light acquisition, however some are still not happy with their tracking Auto Focus in video mode. In mirrorless systems Fuji and Sony have featured Phase Detect on most of their bodies with Olympus on their E-M1 M1 and M2.
Canon on the other hand have developed their own system that features Dual Pixel AF for tracking. There is some debate as to which is better. Panasonic having a large share in the Indi video market would certainly make many happy if they introduced Dual Pixel AF tracking Auto Focus system in their future GH5 and GH5s as well as their other model updates. With increased processing power Panasonic has improved their DFD - Depth From Defocus tracking AF system. DFD uses lens out of focus information to determine distance - so of course Panasonic has to analyses each lens - The Contrast based AF system over-shoots the distance and then comes back - this over-distance action is now a lot less noticeable in the G9. Most will agree that although the new DFD system like that in the G9 is omproved - But the Pahase and Dual Pixel system are more confident for tracking in video continues Auto Focus.
Once Panasonic implements Dual Pixel on their next sensors they will have extremely capable hybrid cameras.
Add a comment
More Articles ...
- Can one use Micro Four Thirds to shoot a wedding?
- Panasonic G9 Review - The Hybrid Shooting Beast
- Panasonic Lumix GH5s announced
- Panasonic Lumix G9 Advanced Operating Instructions Manual
- Review of the Panasonic Lumix G9 by Camerahorder
- Panasonic releases new firmware for the GH5 and G80/G85
- Sample Panasonic Lumix G9 images
- Panasonic to introduce a new 8K 60fps Organic sensor
- Panasonic Lumix G9 Walkthrough
- New Panasonic GH5s lower Mega Pixel low light variant
- Big Panasonic Announcement in December
- Special Panasonic Deals at B&H on Cameras and lenses
- Panasonic G9 will start shipping on January 25th
- Panasonic G9 Officially Announced and a 200mm F2.0 Leica DG
- The new Panasonic Lumix G9 images and specs
- New Panasonic G9 to be announced November 6th 2017
- NEW PANASONIC G9 TO BE ANNOUNCED NOVEMBER 8TH 2017 - more Specs
- New Panasonic - GH5 variant ??